NEW bus options for students looking for transportation to Syracuse Transportation Center (buses) or Airport
Bus Type: Swarthout Coaches, Inc. Chartered, Full-Sized Motorcoaches
Print/save this time table so you will know when the bus will leave from your bus stop. The departure time of the stop you select will not be printed on your ticket!** The time on your ticket is for YOUR ARRIVAL TO SYRACUSE, NOT YOUR DEPARTURE FROM ITHACA! Keep note of the time table for your DEPARTURE time from Cornell! **
Due to Covid-19 protocols, bus capacity is reduced and aisle seats are not allowed. You must wear your mask the entire duration of the trip. Note: if a bus has low numbers, it can be canceled and you will get a full refund.
** The time on your ticket is for YOUR ARRIVAL TO SYRACUSE, NOT YOUR DEPARTURE FROM ITHACA! Keep note of the time table for your DEPARTURE time from Cornell! **
Cornell Bus Services Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do the different times mean?- "TO SYRACUSE AIRPORT" means going to the airport or Transportation Center train station. The arrival time is the time the bus will get TO THE AIRPORT.- "FROM SYRACUSE AIRPORT" means coming back to the Cornell University Ithaca Campus. The departure time is the time that the bus will LEAVE THE AIRPORT.
2. Where can I board the bus from Ithaca to Syracuse? The bus stops at the following three (3) locations in order for passengers to board:- Robert Purcell Community Center on North Campus (at the bus stop near George Jameson Hall)- Baker Flagpole on West Campus (at the bus stop)- Schwartz Center for the Performing Arts in Collegetown (at the bus stop)
3. Where can I get on the bus in Syracuse? You can board the bus in Syracuse either at TERMINAL A at the airport (see the red star) or the Syracuse Regional Transportation Center (Amtrak Station).
4. Do buses run at other times during the semester besides breaks?- No, the buses ONLY run during certain times of the year, including: move-in day, fall break, Thanksgiving break, winter break, February break, and spring break. - There are no summer buses or buses on weekends without breaks. - We will not add buses to the schedule after the schedule has gone up for the year.
5. What is the $10 insurance option?- The $10 insurance option allows you to refund your ticket IF: your flight was delayed; your flight was changed; or your flight was cancelled.
6. Can I get a refund for my bus ticket?- We offer refunds for passengers who have purchased the insurance for their trips. - If you purchased the insurance, you may get a refund IF: your flight was delayed; your flight was changed; or your flight was cancelled- Insurance does not cover if you missed the bus due to oversleeping, forgetting, or running late.- Note: if a bus has low numbers, it can be canceled and you will get a full refund and a comp ticket for a future ride.
7. Can I purchase a ticket on the day the bus is leaving?- If tickets are still available online, you may purchase a ticket on the same day.- If tickets are sold out, you may show up to the Schwartz bus stop at the time designated to be added to a waitlist. ** North Campus and West Campus pick up locations do NOT accept waitlists.- If any spaces are available after all ticket purchasers have boarded (someone didn’t show up), you will be able to purchase a ticket at the bus.- This is not guaranteed, however, and you should not rely on this method!
8. What if my bus gets canceled?- A bus may get canceled for two main reasons, in which you will get refunded your ticket or a new bus may be rescheduled:(1) Low ticket sales for a bus (2) Inclement weather & road closures- In the past, snow storms have required the state to shut down major highways, including the roads to/from Syracuse- If this happens, we will keep folks informed with updates, alternate transportation plans, or refunds